Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Getting my ducks in a row

I just got this great book out of the library that will change my life for the better. At least I'm optimistic about it now b/c I've only just read the introduction. "One Year to an Organized Life" by Regina Leeds. I'll chronicle my progress here to help keep me motivated. With two little ones under two getting organized is a monumental task. This fabulous book breaks it down into week by week chunks that take you through an entire year. I would love to be more organized at the end of a year and my husband wouldn't keep complaining every night about the mess. The clutter everywhere. Can't you just get rid of it, i'm going to get a dumpster and throw it all away. And the kids toys are the worst b/c how do you organize those? It's a free for all around here.

This project might kill two birds with one stone b/c my husband claims I don't have time for a blog. Well I need to journal and I can't write with little hands always stealing my pens and ripping my papers. So I can chronicle the insanity here and be able to get it out. But if the chronicle includes my progress towards getting more f***ing organized then my husband will be thrilled with my blog. He will think it's the best thing since frozen waffles.

Now all I need to do is get started. The first thing I need to do is create a dream board. I have a scrapbooking night coming up so I'll attempt to make progress on this here. I can imagine a dream board becoming the biggest explosion of mess since Mt. St. Helen's if I let little L get her hands on it. Maybe that would be fun though. We could make a creative collage together and start envisioning our dream house. I'll do the envisioning and she can do the tearing up of numerous magazine pages. The only problem is my husband already made me get rid of my collection of magazines that would be perfect for this project. That darn husband! Okay now I need to finish the introduction so I can get started on this project. I always wished someone would help me get organized. If this blog can help even one person out in blogland then I'll have fulfilled my destiny. Waste of time my heiny!

1 comment:

Regina Leeds said...

How is the organizing going? Where are you in the One Year to an Organized Life process?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me!

Happy New Year.

Regina Leeds
zenorg1@aol.com