Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The next finish line

I've been running a lot lately.  I get up early and eat something simple, hot kashi with raisins and chia seeds, a banana, then I put on the running clothes which now include warm leggings and compression socks, a hat, gloves and sweatbands, then I put on my shoes and if I get that far I know I'll run at least three miles sometimes four if it's a weekend I might go ten to thirteen.  The running has become an important habit in my life now.  I can't go two days without it affecting me negatively.  I'm not that fast yet but I want to keep doing it and see how fast I can get.  I've run two half marathons this year.  The first one was The Big Lake Half (2:11:46) on Mother's Day weekend, the second was the Baystate Half Marathon (2:04:40) Oct. 21st.  When I line up to start I know it will be a long hard run but it won't be as bad as what my mom is going through.  So I have another finish line in mind, Boston 2013.

No comments: